Saturday, December 3, 2016

The last post

I am interested in applying the skills I learned studying technical writing to any job I decide to take, but I am not sure about pursuing a technical writing career. My immediate plans including teaching English as a Foreign Language Language to Chinese students for the next year. I start working at the end of December. I also want to study Chinese. I will consider law school or grad school over the next year. 

If I decide I want to pursue a technical writing career, I will need to develop proficiency in programs that I struggle to work with: In Design, Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator. Sometimes I struggle to work with technology, but I enjoy writing and communicating. The weakest aspect of my technical writing skills, aside from navigating technology, relates to my organizational skills. I will also have to improve, in regard to organization. 

Thank you to everyone in class and my groupmates. I have enjoyed working with you, and I have enjoyed conversing you over the blog posts and at school. Thank you for your calm competence and kindness. I am grateful to collaborate with a great group of people. 

3 comments:

  1. I think it's so awesome that you already have a job lined up. I'm a little concerned about that come May, haha. ;)

    It seems that many of the skills from this class are applicable to several other areas. Mainly it's writing and communication, as you said, and those skills are valuable for a wide array of careers and positions. The nice thing about the Adobe programs is that they're all so similar, so proficiency in one is usually not to hard to pick up with another one of the programs. But I'm really lucky in that I grew up watching my dad use them, so what do I know?

    Aww, this goodbye feels so strange to write on here, even for just being the end of a class. But I'm glad we all got to work together. See you, space cowboy. Stay gold. Bang. (If anyone gets that reference, you are officially the coolest.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting your musings, Jazzy! =))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you have to create any content for your students or does your Chinese employer provide you with all of the teaching materials? I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete